Plastic Jesus

I've started meeting for a bible study on Tuesday nights. It's been a group for awhile, I'm just joining it. But we are reading through the book Plastic Jesus: Exposing the Hollowness of Comfortable Christianity and I'm totally stoked. I'll try and post every week of what insight is talked about and how our lives are changed. More my experience with it then the rest since I didn't tell them I was posting about this. I guess they know now! I've read the first two chapters already, but I'll wait to post my comments. I do love the premise of this book. It's one on those things when God lays a passion and a dream on your heart and then you start reading books and find that this passion you have others have! Totally excited. I recommend you buy the book and read it for yourself. If you click on the picture or the link below, I get money back. So that would be cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Where did you find the group meeting? Are they people you've just met, or people you've known?

Josh Burcham said...

I've know them for awhile. I worked with them in the junior high ministry at Arrowhead. It should be fun.

Anonymous said...

Did you know there is a song called Plastic Jesus?

It's kind of a knock on Jesus, but the lyrics relate to how people think they are invisible because they have a plastic Jesus figurine on the dashboard of their car.

It's got a catchy tune, but I'm not sure if I should enjoy the song or not.