My Heart Broke When I Read This...

"Please don't bring your teenager to Nebraska," Gov. Dave Heineman told CNN. "Think of what you are saying. You are saying you no longer support them. You no longer love them."
Due to their “save haven law” which allows parents to drop off children at hospitals if they can’t care for them, without being charged with abandonment. the law extends to 17 years-old. but as lawmakers are working to lower the age to 3 days old (that’s quite a change, but apparently reflects the original intent of the law, which was to provide for infants whose parents don’t think they can care for them), a small number of parents are actually flying their teenagers into Nebraska to drop them off before the law gets changed.

I'm praying for those kids! I don't know what else to say or do.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine too.

Actually my eyes just teared up.

To abandon your child is heartbreaking. Obviously parenting is not for everyone, but we need to educate young people on how difficult it can be to raise a child.

I will pray for the kids who get abandoned.