Question.

My brother in-law asked me a question that Wendy and him asked each other. What's the point/objective of a Christian's life? I'm going to answer it in this way. But because the term "Christian" has been so perverted over the years I going to refer to a Christ-Follower when answering this question and not a church-goer. There is a difference.

Short Answer:
Being at a place where God has your entire heart and where you will do whatever God asks you to do. My heart as a pastor is that I have a congregation what will do whatever God asks.

Long Answer:
God has a calling on each one of our lives and that calling forces us to get uncomfortable and rely on Him when we say yes to that call. Our "Christian" lives shouldn't be about rules and behaviors it should be about giving our hearts to God. The Lord says: “These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men." Isaiah 29:13. Our hearts are at the core of our relationship with God. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37. Christians do a great job at loving our God with all our mind. We are book smart. We equate our relationship with God with how much I know about the Bible. Don't get me wrong that is God's word to us, but knowing it like that back of my hand doesn't make me a follower. Loving God does! We love God with our souls. We worry about the punishment for sin and we want to live in eternity with Jesus. But what about our heart! Do we give God our heart or do we give our heart to our sinful nature? Think about it. Not doing what God has called us to do is just as much a sin as doing what He told us not to do. Reason one of our core values at Ridgepoint is Being a Christ-Follower is about being not doing. Jesus during His sermon on the mount took the ten commandments and took them to a whole new level. He was screaming I want your heart. I don't want you just following rules. When we give God our hearts; sin doesn't have power over us and we truly can conquer it. I'm a living example. Christianity is about surrendering control and giving God our heart, souls and minds and get to the point where we will do whatever, whenever God asks.

0 comments: